Position Description For Project Superintendent
Reports To: Vice Presidents
To provide on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
- Manage daily construction activities and ensure project is constructed in accordance with plans, specifications and local codes
- Ensure subcontractors are fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work
- Lead weekly scheduling meeting with subcontractors, consultants and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion
- Complete all necessary project documentation including project photos, daily reports, team correspondence, etc.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and effectively communicate with all parties involved in selected assignments including project staff, subcontractors and owners
- Monitor and manage jobsite safety including weekly on-site safety compliance meetings
- Follows company safety program, laws, and OSHA operating standards
- Complete the project close-out including punch list and all building commissioning
Requirements and Qualifications
- Technical degree in construction-related field. In lieu of this requirement, relevant experience may be considered
- 5+ years of experience managing construction projects
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Project Management software and P6 scheduling software preferred
- Advanced knowledge of safety and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with project staff, subcontractors and owners to transcend a project
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction effectively from project managers
- Must physically be able to walk a job site and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.